Monday, June 17, 2013

Cell Phone Security.

Cell Phone Security


By 

About.com GuideMay 31, 2013
Following a slightly frustrating
conversation with a friend about the 
merits of locking my phone, I am 
wondering how many smartphone 
users out there actually use the many 
security options their handsets 
provide. The conversation started 
when my friend asked to use my 
phone and then got annoyed because 
it was locked.

He asked what the point of locking it 
was, to which I replied that it was 
because I had private emails, I used 
my phone for online banking, I use 
Google Wallet, etc. His reply to me 
was "yeah, but you don't lock your 
wallet". Yes, I said, but I would if I had 
the option to.

So how many of you are walking 
around with private and important 
information freely on your phone? Is 
having to input a password or pattern 
too much hassle? Or have you never 
even thought about what could 
happen if you lost your phone and an 
unscrupulous person found it (quite 
aside from the possibility of a huge 
phone bill)?

No comments:

Post a Comment