Monday, April 09, 2012

5 Steps for Using Pinterest for Business

BY | April 6, 2012|
Still wondering how you can make popular social media site Pinterest work for your business? Entrepreneur writer Mikal Belicove suggests you follow these five steps to get started:
1. Create a profile for your business with relevant pin boards.
2. Add the "Pin It" button to your site so customers can easily pin your images to their pin boards.
3. Create visual content.
4. Encourage customers to pin.
5. Re-pin relevant content from customers on your own board.


3 Comments. Post Yours.

Add New Comment

Showing 3 comments

  • Encourage members from across your organization to pin. This is not only fun for the associates who get to pin for your company but also helps pins get additional exposure.
  • I would add be consistent, as in pin one new thing each day. I still haven't quite wrapped my head around it but I've done that and I am amazed at how fast my following has grown. It only takes 10 minutes a day and I track new followers, repins, etc so I can see what resonates and what's working. It's growing incredibly fast.
  • Great insight! What do you think about businesses tagging other content? Obviously it is necessary to enhance engagement, but I know there's a lot of buzz about copyrights.
     Do you think crediting photos through links is enough, or do businesses need to be weary of this and put credits instead in the comments on the image?
    I've found a few businesses near me that are using Pinterest. Feel free to take a look- might help out for those who are looking for ideas on how to use it.

    http://bryannagy.wordpress.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment