Monday, January 23, 2017

Letter to a Professor

"Today I had to make an excuse to my son for the teacher, since he failed because he went to the doctor.
Obviously, I started the writing with an "Dear Mr. Professor".
When my son read it he was amazed and asked me why he wrote a simple excuse with such correctness, since it was only for the teacher.
He added: "Not even the President of the Republic."
And I answered him,
Dear son, possibly a teacher is one of the few people in this world that you should respect, since it is up to him to be an educated and knowledgeable person in the future.
Presidents and any other profession also depend on him.
Through your classes have passed all the people that we will find in our life.
President can be anyone, as you can see in recent times.
Teachers can only be a few, only those willing to lead a life of dedication and effort, inculcating values ​​and knowledge to the most precious asset of a father: his children.
Every day I give my place to the teacher for much of the day, to collaborate with your education, but I would NEVER allow the president of a government to do it.
That is why I show respect and affection.
If this excuse were for a President of the Republic, I probably would not even write it, because a president of government, any President of any government, cares little about your education.
He looked at me with a smile and said, "You're right."

I encourage you to share it and to go around the world ...
In homage to all teachers. Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment